There are many reasons your puppy may not be playing correctly. Let’s take a closer look!
- Playing with dogs that play too rough: If this is the case, make sure to interupt their play as play should be equal.
- There should be a “chaser” and a “chasee” but it MUST be reciprical.
- Try This! If your dogs are playing but you are not sure if it is appropriate, try catching the chaser and watch their body language. If they display a relieved look on their face this may mean play is NOT reciprical.
- If the chasee looks back like, “hey, keep chasing me” then IT IS reciprical.
- Puppies NEED short breaks (nap time) inbetween play.
- End of play – End play BEFORE your dog gets too tired.
Leave A Comment