You are invited to follow Truly Force Free
Animal Training on Facebook
to view our Facebook Live each month and have a chance to answer your questions!
Submit your questions to email@example.com and we will answer these in our next video.
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – April 2022
- When my dog sees a cat they will chase them and won’t listen to “stop, leave it, or come”. How can I get my dog to listen to me, and, come when called during this heightened state?
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – March 2022
- Why is my dog triggered by small animals but not big ones?
- I have puppy littermates and i’ve been told this can be difficult. How can I set them up for success?
- Most of the time my dog is low key when I feed her, but every once in a while she will run up quickly when I put her food down and growl. What should my approach to her be at those times?
- When we go to someone’s house it seems impossible to be able to relax on the couch for a movie, or to sit around the table for dinner, he will be pacing around barking at us for what we think is because he wants attention?
The dog park — typically he is playing as a normal dog at the park showing friendly behavior, but then he will try to engage in a pair of dogs playing with each other and he will bark incessantly as if he’s feeling left out or something.
Or just yesterday he met my best friends 2 year old French bulldog. We had met at a coffee shop and we both had our dogs on leashes, and he wouldn’t stop barking in his face. He doesn’t seem aggressive at all, but as you can imagine it’s a bit unpleasant and overwhelmed the Frenchie a bit. He will still do this from time to time with my parents dogs. Barking at them when they are just standing around the living room.
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – February 2022
- Puppy Training & Puppy Pads
- COVID-19 puppies & what we are seeing
- How to help my rescue dog get acclimated to being in a new home
- My dog does not tolerate my children so how can I help them build a better bond between them?
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – January 2022
- I was thinking about what tips you might have for making a dog feel safe during a move? #movingwithdogs
- How do I prepare my dog for a new baby?
- I have been using your good manners course and it’s working wonders for my boy! One thing I can’t quite figure out is how to get him to stop barking at people through the window.
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – December 2021
- How do you bring a new and large dog into the home with three small dogs?
- How can I get my reactive dog to be calm around other dogs?
- Resource guarding? Me around other dogs, or her food bowl around cats. If her food bowl is not picked up as soon. As she is done and the cats walk over to it she slowly approaches them and stares until they walk away or I step in to pick up the bowl.
- How can I get my dog to not freak out on leash when seeing another dog while on a walk around our neighborhood? It can be embarrassing. She has no issues with other dogs offleash in a pack situation or if she knows the dog.
- What if you dog is starting to bark and gets aroused because he knows you are training something. Training/ working with me is always active. Loki can be calm with my partner but it’s more difficult with me. If i reward with food, voice or attention then i press the on- button. Not rewarding at all makes her anxious because she does not understand what i want. Can you help?
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – November 2021
- I want to help my excitable/ anxious cattle dog learn to settle, but high-value treats (and even attention) are exciting so we end up in a heightened state. Even if I try to capture a moment of chill, once I give the treat she is amped up. How can I help teach her to relax or reward relaxed behavior?
- Is it okay to bring a puppy into the home with a senior dog?
- Filling the emotional bank account (what is it and how to use it)
- My Chihuahua doesn’t like to lay down on the ground – how can I fix this?
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – October 2021
- How do I get my puppy to stop biting my hands, feet etc.
- Why does my dog chase cars?
- My dog is fearful of clickers and the sound they make – what can I do?
- Fear of Loud Noises
- How can I teach my dog to “play” correctly?- Finding The Right Breeder
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – September 2021
- How do I get my 8 year old mini pincher to stop howling? I gave him a small smack to the bum and now he won’t come to me and is howling more!
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – August 2021
- Dog training is simple but it is not easy
- Why medications are important
- Living with multiple dogs
- Importance of boundaries
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – July 2021
- I just started teaching my dog/ puppy “leave it” but they do not listen to this cue while on a walk. How can we fix this?
- Your son is using a type of “treat” during the Kids Korner videos. What type of treat is it?
- How do I get my dog to not rush to the door when someone knocks or rings the doorbell?
“Ask the Animal Trainer” Facebook LIVE – June 2021
- Dogs do talk – are you listening?
- How long do you have to treat for training “recall”?
- Is a 10 year old dog to old to train?
- My puppy won’t lay down unless i am sitting on the ground with them (behavior cues)